how to design a website using wordpress
Most Commonly Asked Questions About WordPress Hosting
Looking to get started with web hosting, but aren't sure where to begin? We have you covered. In addition to our
comprehensive reviews, we've compiled answers to some of the most commonly asked questions to help you get started.
1. What is WordPress Hosting?
- One of the most popular website creation tools out there on the market, WordPress is an easy to use blogging and content management system. Due to its popularity, several web hosting providers have chosen to specialize in hosting WordPress.
2. How do I choose a WordPress Hosting service? What should I look for?
- When a provider hosts WordPress, it becomes known as managed WordPress hosting, where all technical aspects of running WordPress is managed by the provider including security, speed, daily backups, and scalability. Providers host WordPress to offer customers a hassle free experience to allow them the freedom to focus on doing what they love- and not worry about the functionality of their site.
When looking for the best hosting service the market has to offer, take into account a few key factors.
- Know your hosting needs. What kind of website are you building? Do you want to go with a popular Web Host such as WordPress, or would you rather go for something a little different?
- What is your prospective hosts reliability and uptime guarantees? It is crucial to choose a host that operates 24/7 on a powerful server with stable network connections. 99.5% and above is the average recommended uptime score; anything below 99% is unacceptable.
3. What are some different types of WordPress Hosting?
- Research prices for both sign-up and renewal. Hosting deals, shared hosting especially, normally offer very low cost signup fees but charge more for renewals. As a rule, any Host that remains below $10.00 per month is acceptable. Any higher, you might be better off looking elsewhere with another provider.
By allowing multiple websites to share a single server, if one website ends up having a bug, or garners a ton of traffic, it could use most of the servers memory, potentially affecting the amount of memory left for the other sites sharing the same server. This could affect load time, speed, and functionality to your site even if your site is not the one causing the issue.
- Shared Hosting- A good option for beginners. While it is extremely cheap, it is not always the best option. In a shared hosting environment, the host puts a large number of users on a single server.
Publisehed in: Best-Hosting 11-2019